1. For which purposes does AED collect Personal Data?
In certain sections of the Website you are asked to provide your Personal Data, in particular your (personal) details, such as your name, email address and/or address. We can use these details for various purposes, indicated by the Website:
- One purpose is to answer your question (Your personal data will be processed because the processing is necessary for the entering, or taking steps to enter into a contract with you at your request - Article 6, 1., (b) GDPR)
- If you have authorized us to do so, we can also use your details to approach you by email with news on Luxibel products and offers (receive notices, newsletters or electronic mails or general information on Luxibel or related products). (Your personal data will be processed based your consent - Article 6, 1., (a) GDPR)
- We can also use your name and address to send you information on AED and/or its products by post. If we want to approach you by telephone, we may use your telephone number (if you provided it to us). (Your personal data will be processed based your consent -Article 6, 1., (a) GDPR)
- We can add to your details other information that we already have or have received from a third party. We do this for marketing purposes and to better adjust our products and services to your needs. (Your personal data will be processed based your consent - Article 6, 1., (a) GDPR.)
- We can use your data to fulfil other legitimate purposes disclosed to you at the time you provide your Personal Data or as otherwise permitted or required to comply with applicable laws and regulation. (Your personal data will be processed because the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Luxibel/AED, our affiliates or other third parties (such as existing or potential business partners, suppliers, customers, end-customers, governmental bodies, or courts) and such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms - Article 6, 1., (f) GDPR.)
We shall obtain your prior express consent (opt-in) for the above-listed purposes where required under applicable law.
2. To whom can AED provide Personal Data?
We do not sell or otherwise disclose Personal Data you provide us or we collect about you, except as described below or with your prior express consent.
It may be necessary to share your Personal Data with:
- in the event of a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, or any other transaction that results in a change in control or ownership of AED, in whole or in part; or in the event of a corporate reorganization, bankruptcy, insolvency proceeding, or similar circumstance, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law; or
- third party services providers and suppliers acting on our behalf and under our instructions, that provide services to us such as web-related services, advertising or analytics, so that we can supply a product or service you ordered from us, to administer web servers and to store information on back-up disks. Such third parties can only use the data for the abovementioned purposes. Any other use is prohibited.
AED shall not provide your Personal Data to other third parties without obtaining your prior permission, unless it is required to do so under a statutory provision or court order. In particular, AED may disclose your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- to respond to authorized information requests from law enforcement authorities or judiciary or when otherwise required or permitted by law;
- to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to this Website or the public.
These recipients may be located in countries other than the country in which personal data was originally collected, it being noted that your personal data will only be transferred within the European Economic Area or other countries recognized by the EU Commission as adducing an adequate level of protection of personal data.
Only a limited number of individuals within AED (e.g. individuals in sales, support, legal, finance, IT and accounting departments, as well as certain managers with assigned responsibility) will be granted access to your Personal Data on a need to know basis.
3. Which Personal Data can AED collect and process?
Information you provide
AED collects Personal Data about you (i.e. any information that relates to you as an identified or identifiable individual), such as your name, your age, your e-mail address, your telephone number and your preferences and interests through your use of this Website, namely when you respond to questionnaires, forms or surveys posted on the Website, communicate with us or take part in interactive features.
Automatic Information Collection
4. Is AED responsible for other websites?
The Website may include references (in a hyperlink, banner or button) to other sites related to (a specific aspect of) this Website. This does not automatically mean that AED/Luxibel is associated with these other sites or its owners.
These websites are not under AED's control. We are not responsible for the content of these websites, any products or services that may be offered through these websites or any other use of these websites nor for any data processing and privacy practices associated with such websites. We invite you to review these websites' privacy notices if you visit them or provide any Personal Data to them.
5. How does AED protect your Personal Data?
AED takes – and requires that any service provider and/or third party processor processing Personal Data on behalf and under the instructions of AED takes – appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and against any other unlawful form of processing of information as defined by the applicable law.
However, please note that no electronic transmission or storage of information is 100% secure. Therefore, despite the security measures that we have put in place to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration of data will never occur.
6. What rigths do you have?
Under applicable Data Protection Laws, you have the following rights (under the conditions set out in applicable Data Protection Laws): (i) to access personal data AED holds about you, (ii) to request rectification, supplementation or erasure of personal data about you, (iii) to request AED to restrict the collection, processing or use of personal data about you, (iv) in certain circumstances, to object for legitimate reasons to the processing of your personal data (including the right to object, upon request and free of charge, to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes), (v) to request data portability, and (vi) to know the identities of third parties to which your personal data are transferred. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
If you want to exercise your rights under applicable law, or for more details and questions relating to AED's data processing activities, please contact us by sending a dated and signed request to us, together with a copy of your valid ID card or any other valid identification document, at our address above or via e-mail to the address set out below under Section 10.
7. Can this privacy statement be changed?
8. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
Personal Data will not be kept for longer than reasonably necessary for the purposes identified herein, for up to ten years after the end of your contractual relationship with AED/Luxibel (if any), unless shorter or longer retention periods apply under applicable law.
9. Wo can you contact with questions and requests?
Bedrijvenpark De Veert 13/004